Introduction: Uttarakhand . Treks in Uttarakhand.
Uttarakhand is known as the ‘Spirit of the Hills’, a vast land with picturesque landscapes and numerous attractions. There’s something for everyone here, book today to experience this beautiful region.
Uttarakhand is a beautiful state in India, which has its own charm. The weather is extremely pleasant, the people are friendly and down to earth and the nature is awe-inspiring.
Uttarakhand offers adventure sports enthusiasts an opportunity to enjoy some breathtaking treks and rafting expeditions through the Himalayas. The state’s scenery provides visitors with breathtaking views of snow-capped mountains and glaciers, as well as lush forests, shimmering lakes and rushing rivers.
Uttarakhand is a fascinating place for trekking and adventure enthusiasts. The geography and climate of the state creates an ideal environment for adventure sports like rock climbing, mountaineering ,etc. Uttarakhand also has some of the best wildlife sanctuaries where you can spot golden monkeys, rhesus, leopards, elephants etc.
Why one shouldn’t miss kuari pass trek:
If you are looking for a unique adventure, then the Kuari pass trek of Uttarakhand is one of the best trips that you can take in India. This trek offers a combination of outdoor activities, cultural and educational aspects that allows you to explore the nature surrounding you while learning more about the people and land of Uttarakhand. Kuari pass trek starts from Pauri, where you will be picked up by your guide after taking a bus ride to Kuari village. The tour continues through the Kumaon region and ends at Bansi Badrinath National Park and Annuwar Gopinath cave temple.
The Kuari Pass Trek is an impressive trek, offering the opportunity to see a variety of fascinating and beautiful views of the Annapurna region. The walk is a challenging one, with numerous steps, but likely to leave you in awe of the beauty that surrounds you.
Kuari Pass trek of Uttarakhand is the most popular trekking place of Uttarakhand. It is situated at an altitude of about 9500 feet above mean sea level. This place consists of completely snow covered hills and passes, green forests and glades, cold springs and rhododendron gardens and fresh water stream.
Kuari pass trek is a world-renowned trekking destination. This beautiful land forms a stunning backdrop with amazing views of Rishikesh and the surrounding hills. The region offers unparalleled opportunities for wildlife watching and birdwatching, besides being home to many endangered wildlife species such as the snow leopard, Himalayan tahr and Himalayan black bear.
History behind the kuari pass trek
The “KUARI PASS TRAIL” is an amazing place to visit in Uttarakhand. It’s one of the widest and highest hills in the world which takes its name from king Kumar Pratap Singh, who built this itinerary as a hunting ground for his elephant armies during that period. The KAURI PASS trail traverses some of the most beautiful landscapes in Uttarakhand offering a variety of trekking options including treks for beginners and for experienced trekkers. The route through KUARI PASS can be walked individually or as part of a group, either on day trips or longer weeks-long treks but all require two to four nights’ camping, sometimes more depending on how much walking is involved. Before starting out on your journey, please confirm whether it is possible to arrange horse transport to reach your destination as well as get back without help; sometimes it is not always possible as there are seasonal road closures.
A simple roadmap of kuari pass trek:
- It takes around 5 to 7 days to complete the entire trek.
- Kuari Pass Trek is a perfect destination for a family with kids, as there are plenty of places to explore around the area, including the popular Nanda Devi and Hemkund Lake. Day trips to Srinagar and Pithoragarh are also possible.
- on the first day of the Kuari Pass trek. Choose the vehicle as per Himalayan roads to avoid any sort of discomfort. Nandprayag,Rudraprayag,Devprayag are the places which will be on the way to Joshimath.
- On the second day , trek to Joshimath to Gulling . Here, you will come across Tugashi village . You can put on a campsite and visit the local areas and experience local culture.
- On the third day, you will have to trek from Gulling to Khulara and then on the fourth day from Khulara to kuari pass and then return back to previous locations.
- It’s an easy trek . As it’s a winter Trek, the best time to go for kuari pass trek is between September- November.
Overall it’s a very good trekking spot of India which one can enjoy with their friends , family.
It’s also an amazing trek if one wants to go solo trekking, then book from banbanjara travels.